Using the Computer today is more dangerous than ever. Hackers stealing your personal data, viruses and malicious software that can slow down damage, or take over your computer are just a few of the threats that make using the computer today such a risk. Remember, Computers do not discriminate. Everyone that is not protected is at risk regardless of where you live, how much you make or anything else. These threats are increasing in volume and sophistication every day. Are you and your computers keeping up? Be proactive and don't be another victim! Pro-ActiveComputing uses a proactive program to mitigate your risk by providing you the tools and knowledge necessary to make computing safe, reliable, with the performance you need.
What are the risks of having a computer that is not properly protected:
• A hacker can get full control of your computer to read or delete any file they choose.
• A back door can be set up to allow easy entry to your computer at any time.
• Your computer could be compromised and used to attack other computers as part of a zombie network. This can use up your bandwidth and slow your computer down.
• Your computer could be used to send spam to other computers.
• Your computer could be used to traffic child pornography with all traces leading to you.
• Your computer can be used to spread viruses and worms.
• Your bank accounts and other private data could be stolen.
• Information taken from your computer about you could be used for identity theft.
Keep in mind that security and convenience are on the opposite ends of the spectrum. If you were to look at it in a graph you would see that is you increase your security you would be lowering your convenience. The same is true in regards to risk vs. complexity. As you lower your risk by increasing your security, you will also be adding complexity.
Please click the links below to get more information about each of these threats and how they can impact you.